Watermelon lemonade is made with 3 simple ingredients watermelon, lemon, sugar, and some ice.
People who do not like too-sweet drinks will like this because it is an absolute delight, super tasty, so light and so refreshing.
Watermelon lemonade is a perfect drink for backyard barbecue at home but works surprisingly well for breakfast, brunch or lunch too.
There is so much you can do with watermelons and this is just one of the easy things you can make with the fruit.
Watermelon Lemonade and Weight Loss
The high water content in the watermelon helps you keep your body healthy, and the lemon just makes your weight loss routine easier.
The watermelon flavor blends well with the lemons, transferring the traditional lemonade into something mind-blowing.
This drink is one of the best ways to enjoy the appealing watermelons in season.
From mild to wild, this refreshing watermelon drink will make any get-together an exciting event.
The recipe can be turned into a cocktail and made more matured with alcohol by adding vodka, rum or gin.
Try adding unusual fresh herbs like mint leaves or other fruits for a crowd-pleasing cocktail or fruit punch.
Watermelon Lemonade Recipe
- Watermelon – ½ medium-sizes for 4 cups of watermelon juice)
- Large lemons – 4/5 pieces for 1 cup of lemon juice
- White granulated sugar – 1-1½ cups
- Water – 4/6 cups
- Firstly, put the watermelon into a blender or food processor after cutting and smooth blend.
- Secondly, sieve the liquid reserving 4 cups of watermelon juice.
- Thirdly, pour the watermelon juice into a cup or jug. Then, set aside.
- Fourthly, squeeze the lemons with a lemon squeezer or with your hands enough to fill a cup.
- After that, sieve the lemon juice and add it to the watermelon juice.
- Then, add some water and sugar. Adjust your sugar level, so it doesn’t get too sugary or less tasty.
- Lastly, serve with or without ice, depending on how you want it.
There you have it!
If life gives you lemons and you already have watermelon, why not make some watermelon lemonade?