The health benefits of watermelon plant comprise the prevention of kidney disorders, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart diseases, cancer, heat stroke, impotence, and macular degeneration.
Table of Contents
What is Watermelon?
An African melon that is actually considered a delicious and refreshing dense food. This is because it contains a huge amount of vitamins, minerals, as well as antioxidants for a low amount of calories only.
The juice is good for picnics or for beach outings, and other good reasons. They are 92 percent water, making them a perfect refresher for the hot weather. The juice benefits keep you hydrated and moisturize your skin. It is scientifically is Citrullus-lanatus.
Please Read: How to Make Garri From Raw Cassava-8 Simple Steps
Watermelon calories are 46 per cup but are high in vitamin C, vitamin A, and many healthy plant compounds. The good news is that the entire fruit is edible. The succulent flesh, seed, and even the rinds are full of nutrients with surprising health benefits.
7 Health Advantages of Watermelon
Watermelon benefits include:
- Firstly, every juicy bite has considerable levels of vitamins A, B6 and C, lots of lycopene, antioxidants and amino acids. There’s even a modest amount of potassium.
- Secondly, according to the National Watermelon Promotion Board, watermelon contains more lycopene than any other fruit or vegetable.
- lycopene and vitamin C are anti-inflammatory antioxidants seen in this fruit.
- Also, lycopene may help keep eyes healthy and protect against age-related macular degeneration (AMD) thanks to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- This melon vine is a low-calorie fruit high in some nutrients, especially carotenoids, vitamin C and cucurbitacin E.
- Watermelon water benefits have some potential as a recovery beverage after work out. Citrulline may be partly responsible for its effect of easing muscle soreness.
- In addition, this ideal snack promotes a healthy, skin, complexion and hair, increased energy, and overall lower weight because of the fibre in them.
How to Add Water Melon to Your Diet
Because this melon vine is so versatile and low in calories, it can easily be integrated into our food.
- First, you can put in some slices to water or freeze it in a Popsicle mold for a homemade, healthy treat.
- Then, for a tasty low-calorie treat, you can add it to smoothies or juices. Incorporate water melon to your milk, banana and pineapple smoothies and even pineapple juice.
- Jazz up your desserts, salads, and fruit cups, and even sprinkle some salt on it to enjoy different flavors. Otherwise, use watermelon cutter or slicer to cut up couple of slices and enjoy along with a healthy breakfast
- Roasted water melon seeds – is a tasty snack that can be made in advance. Try adding just a little salt to taste.
- In addition, put sliced water melon and a few ice cubes and blend for a cold, refreshing drink that is perfect for re hydrating after exercise or a day in the hot sun.