Best lasagna recipe is a classic Italian dish. Italy is known for its delicious world’s greatest lasagne recipe. Flat pasta and probably one of the oldest types of pasta with layers of irresistible goodness.
Lasagna refers to one sheet of pasta and its plural form, lasagne, refers to the dish with several layers.
Best meaty Lasagna recipe is so filling, yet so delicious. It can also stay for quite a while, so just keep it refrigerated and reheat to relive those flavor filled moments.
Also Read: The Perfect Baked Potato Recipe In Nigeria
However, this dish is usually made with beef, which might not be a healthy option for everybody. Also, some get tired of the regular lasagne and want something different.
So today, I bring to you a rather remarkable twist on this classic Italian dish. Best lasagne recipe with chicken and vegetables that will be just as delicious, if not more.
Also Read: How To Puree Tomatoes At Home
You do not have to go to an Italian restaurant just to enjoy the best lasagne recipe when you can make it at home by using this recipe below.
How to Make Best Lasagna Recipe
With this recipe, you are going to need a lot of ingredients, but do not be alarmed. It is very easy to make and takes less than an hour to prepare.
What You Need
- Two medium-sized zucchinis
- Three-medium-sized carrots
- 240 grams of fresh mushrooms
- Four cloves of garlic
- 180 grams of fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup of fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 425 grams of ricotta cheese (whole milk)
- 2 cups of parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated and divided
- Two big eggs
- Two 680-gram jars of tomato basil sauce – divided
- 250-gram package of lasagna noodles ready for the oven
- 340 grams of provolone cheese, sliced
- Four cups of chicken, cooked and chopped
- 450 grams of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
How to Prepare Best Lasagna Recipe with Chicken and Vegetables
- First, wash and peel your vegetables (zucchinis, mushrooms, and carrots). Then cut into thin slices. Mince the garlic and cut up your basil as well.
- After that, using a big pan (the key to a successful lasagna is to make sure your pan is big enough to fit all of your layers), heat up the olive oil on medium heat.
- Add the vegetables and garlic when the oil is hot and cook them for up to 5 minutes or until they are all tender.
- Also, add the spinach to the pan and stir until it wilts. Stir occasionally, until almost all the liquid in the pan evaporates. Then, add your basil, pepper, and salt. Combine thoroughly and set the pan aside.
- Now, mix your ricotta, eggs and one cup of parmigiano-reggiano in a medium-sized bowl. Put your ricotta mixture for lasagne aside.
- Dust some oil on your baking dish so that your lasagna does not stick to the pan.
- Now start layering by spreading half a cup of sauce in the dish and covering it with four lasagna noodles.
- Then, put half of your vegetable mixture along with one cup of sauce and top it with a quarter of your provolone cheese. Cover with four lasagna noodles and top it off with a quarter of the ricotta mixture.
- Combine thoroughly, the chicken with mozzarella and spread this mixture over ricotta. Cover with a cup of pasta sauce and a quarter of provolone. Put four lasagna noodles and spread a quarter of ricotta mixture on top.
- Repeat N0. 9 with the rest of your chicken and mozzarellas. Add what is left of the sauce and provolone cheese, sprinkle the remaining parmigiano-reggiano cheese and put your dish in the oven.
- Bake in an oven preheated at 180 °c for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes before cutting into portions and serving.
Do you like my best lasagne recipe with chicken and vegetables? Why not give it a try! Kindly click the share buttons and drop a comment below. I take pleasure in reading from you. Thanks for visiting 9jafoods today