Best French toast recipe is a classic breakfast or brunch dish. It is made with slices of bread dipped in a Milk and Egg mixture, before being fried to become brown. Then, topped with maple syrup, fresh strawberries, jam, whipped cream or scrambled eggs.
Different names and variations of French toast include Eggy bread (British usage), German toast, gypsy toast, Bombay toast, Eggs-oh-Lay and Torrija, poor knights (of Windsor). We also have the Nigerian version of best French toast.
Read Also; Pancake Breakfast Recipe
Have you ever tried putting peanut butter in between your French toast? It’s a game changer! If you love French toast and you love peanut butter, why not combine them into one easy, lush recipe- best peanut butter stuffed French toast recipe.
This is a match made in heaven! Peanut butter is a smart choice for breakfast. One serving contains protein, essential nutrients and phytonutrients, and is rich in fiber
Best French toast recipe is very quick and simple to prepare. The estimated total time to make this recipe is 10-15 Minutes. What could be better than starting off your day with a healthy and delicious breakfast!
Some prepare french toast without milk. But for this recipe, I will be showing you lovelies, how to prepare easy French toast recipe stuffed with peanut butter with milk. Are you ready? Then, let’s go!
Best (peanut butter stuffed) French toast recipe
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 8 thick slices of bread (such as Agege bread because it has a slightly stale taste. Actually, the type of bread used depends on your preference)
- 12 Tablespoon’s creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- Maple syrup and granulated sugar (optional)
- First whisk the eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract, nutmeg, milk, salt, and sugar. Combine the French toast mix in the cake pan.
- Then, place the frying pan on the stove over medium-low heat.
- Next, place four slices of bread into the mixture to soak for one minute.
- While the bread is soaking, add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan.
- Lift one piece of bread from the mixture.
- Lay the bread gently in the frying pan.
- After a few minutes, peek under a slice of bread to see if the French toast has turned golden and browned then, turn to the other side
- Now, spread a tablespoon of peanut butter on each slice of bread. Serve as single slices or as a sandwich.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Do you like my best peanut butter stuffed French toast recipe? Why not give it a try! Kindly click the share buttons and drop a comment below. I take pleasure in reading from you. Thanks for visiting 9jafoods today
Have a great week everyone, and stay well!