Yogurt Banana Bread is made with yogurt and ripe bananas, it’s super easy to make, light, moist and with the best bread flavor.
What is yogurt?
Yogurt, also spelled yoghurt, yogourt or yoghourt, is fermented milk. Adding yogurt gives banana bread the best flavor and the perfect moist, tender consistency. Why not try it!
Ripe bananas have stronger, more pronounced flavor and also serve as sweeteners.
Banana bread with yogurt recipe comes together really quickly and makes one perfectly sweet, moist, light bread with lovely banana flavor. The bread is not hard and looks great and the taste is simply AH-mazing!
Yogurt Banana Bread Recipe
This healthy banana bread recipe with yogurt is made without butter or oil, but so soft and tender that you will never be able to tell.
Naturally sweetened and loaded with banana flavor, it makes a great healthier substitute to a traditional favorite!
With just the right amount of richness and sweetness, there is a cause classic recipes are always popular.
- 1 ½ cups of (180 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 medium, ripe bananas (200 g or 1 cup mashed)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup (115 g) plain yogurt
- ¼ cup (50 g) brown sugar*
- ½ tsp. sea salt
Optional add-ins: ½ cup chocolate chips/raisins/nuts/etc.
- Firstly, preheat your oven to 350ºF (176ºC), and lightly grease a 9 x 5 (23 cm x 13 cm) bread pan.
- Then, in a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until well combined and set aside.
- Thirdly, lightly beat the eggs in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add mashed bananas, plain yogurt, maple syrup, and brown sugar. Stir until well combined.
- Then, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir gently. Do not over mix.
- After that, pour the batter into the loaf pan, spreading it out evenly, and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Lastly, remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
You can use less sugar if you want a healthier version of this bread. Depending on how sweet you want your bread to be, you can use maple syrup or applesauce.
You can also use very ripe bananas – the riper the bananas, the sweeter the bread will be.