Pumpkin bread is one of the best foods to enjoy and it’s even better when it’s homemade.
This healthy bread tastes even better the next day and you can have it for breakfast, as a snack, or even for dessert.
Great for holiday gift-giving, Halloween, Thanksgiving, fall parties, or for everyday munching!
Another good thing about this bread is that it’s incredibly versatile because you can add your favorite mix-ins.
I love it plain, but it is also delicious with some chopped nuts or even chocolate chips.
People go crazy for anything pumpkin. We have so many recipes with pumpkin as a base such as:
- Pumpkin chocolate chip bread
- Pumpkin banana bread
- Vegan Pumpkin Bread
- Keto Pumpkin bread
- Gluten-free pumpkin bread
Pumpkin bread is right at the top of the list when it comes to quick bread.
It’s insanely easy to whip together, super moist- there are no dry crumbs here! And extremely adaptable
This is our best basic pumpkin bread recipe.
Just make the batter, pop it into two loaf pans, bake it and let it cool. Or skip the cooling. You can eat it warm.
Point is, apart from the length of baking time, this classic pumpkin bread will go from your mixer to your mouth with little effort.
Baking at home fills the house with the most amazing scents of pumpkin and cinnamon and put you in a pumpkin bread heaven world!
However, if you’re wondering how to make pumpkin bread, this amazing recipe is for you!
Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This is the best pumpkin bread recipe! It is easy to make, super moist, and perfectly spiced.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 cups pure, unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup water
- Firstly, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Then, oil and flour two 9 by 5-inch loaf pans. You can use 8 by 5 pans too, but they will rise quite high while baking.
- Secondly, whisk together the flour, baking soda, spices, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl,
- Thirdly, in another large bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, and oil.
- After that, stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Add the pumpkin and water and stir until well combined.
- Then, divide the batter between the prepared pans. Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- It could take an extra 15 minutes, depending on the type of pan you’re using.
- Finally, remove the pan from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Then, allow cooling for 10 minutes and carefully remove it from the pan and cool completely before slicing.
Serving: 1 slice | Calories: 380 kcal | Carbohydrates: 58 g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15 g | Saturated Fat: 7 g | Cholesterol: 46 mg | Sodium: 303 mg | Potassium: 118 mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 38 g | Vitamin A: 4835 IU | Vitamin C: 1.3 mg | Calcium: 28 mg | Iron: 1.8 mg
Find Out Answers To All Your Baking Questions Below:
Pumpkin bread is even better the second day. To store the bread, wrap the cooled bread in plastic wrap and keep on the counter for two to three days.
If you need to store it for longer than that, keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Above all, it also freezes beautifully. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then foil, and pop it in a Ziploc bag for up to 3 months.
- Why Do I Need To Mix The Wet And Dry Ingredients Separately?
Stirring together flour, spices, and rising agents separately from eggs, fats, and sugars in baked goods prevent over-mixing.
This is particularly vital in the case of pumpkin bread, which can get gummy if beaten too much.
- Is This Recipe Easy To Double?
SURE! If you have two loaf pans, go for it. Quick bread (including this one!) freeze wonderfully. If you only have one loaf pan, don’t worry.
- Can I Make This Recipe With Cake Mix?
No, we don’t advise making this recipe with cake mix.
However, you can use a cake mix as a shortcut in these easy pumpkin recipes.