Chinese white sauce stir fry is very easy to prepare. Chinese cuisine is one of the most widespread and healthiest cuisines in the world, my family loves eating Chinese foods.
Preparing Chinese meals at home is not always easy because some of the ingredients are difficult to find in our local markets. But, the ingredients for this particular recipe is available in Nigerian markets and supermarkets.
Authentic all-purpose Chinese white sauce is one of the most popular sauces offered in most of the Chinese restaurants globally. This white sauce is the ‘little black dress’ of stir fry sauces – good for beef, pork, chicken, veggies, and seafood.
It is made out of vegetable stock and thickened with cornflour. Its authentic flavor usually comes from the Oriental flavorings such as ginger and garlic.
If you a regular customer at Oriental restaurants, you must have tasted some Chinese white sauce that has a creamy consistency and nice white color.
If not, don’t bother because am about to prepare an amazing vibrant sauce. In addition, this yum sauce is very affordable and the ingredients are easily accessible.
Besides, you can relish the flavors of the tempting Chinese kitchen at your home. The Chinese white sauce recipe is a good starting place to learn how to cook Chinese foods for beginners because it is easy to prepare.
Authentic Chinese White Sauce Recipe
Read on to discover how to make Chinese white sauce for stir fry vegetables,
- 3 cups of clear vegetable stock
- ½ cup of finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons of finely chopped ginger
- 3 tablespoons of cornflour
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2 teaspoons of finely chopped garlic
- Salt to taste
- A nip of sugar
- Firstly, combine the vegetable stock and cornflour: Use a deep mixing bowl to blend the clear vegetable stock and the corn flour well. Put aside.
- After that, heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan; add the onions, ginger, and garlic and sauté on a high flame for a minute.
- Then cook the sauce: Add the corn flour-vegetable stock mixture you have previously set aside into the sautéed onions, ginger, and garlic.
- Finally, add a pinch of sugar and salt to your taste, mix it all well and cook it all for about 5 minutes on high flame, while stirring occasionally.
Use as required