Garri cake is a definition of creativeness. It reminds me so much of my boarding school days. Noodles with cold water were part of our life experiences as students.
If you didn’t taste Garri cake in boarding school, your school experience wasn’t complete.
We were so into this African desert that there was no fear of the high prevalence of visual defects (bad eyes/blindness) due to the exposure to an unsafe amount of cyanide in Garri consumed over a long period.
Related >>> Soaked Garri: Nigerian Well-Known Cereal
Gari English name is granulated cassava or cassava granules. This popular Nigerian swallow is a creamy-white, granular flour with a slightly fermented flavor and a slightly sour taste made from fermented, gelatinized fresh cassava tubers.
Gari is widely known in Nigeria and other West African countries.
How Can I Bake Garri Cake without Oven At Home?
Simply put, Garri cake can be baked without an oven by joining dry garri with a little water, integrating butter and sugar to form a cake-like texture
A combination of butter, sugar, and milk is often created and used as icing. This junk food is just as good.
For those of us who have not tried this, it’s, without doubt, more like a cookie cake than a sponge cake.
It’s thick due to the nature of garri but enjoyable all the same.
Garri Cake Recipe: How to Make Cake from Gari with 5 Ingredients
It is very simple to prepare, contains ingredients already in your pantry, and can be done in less than 40 minutes.
Ingredients for Garri Cake
- 2 cups dry Garri- (Make use of fine garri or dry blend regular garri in a blender or food processor until smooth)
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 100 g Butter
- 11⁄3 cups Whole Milk (liquid)
- A cup of chocolate powder
- Firstly, add a little water to your dry garri, to make a paste, and then, add sugar and butter to the garri paste
- Secondly, combine thoroughly until a smooth consistency is formed
- Then, in a separate bowl, add milk, chocolate powder, groundnut, and sugar. Mix till fine mixture is achieved.
- After that, add your chocolate mix to the garri mixture, mixing as you add them. Whisk for 5 to 10 minutes
- Lastly, cut the dough into small-sized pieces and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Served chilled and enjoy!
Try this recipe today, and let us know the outcome. We enjoy hearing from you.