Today, I am preparing Bread rolls. If you are among those that enjoy making easy, delicious Bread roll recipes like me, then today is our day. Nigerian rolls are fluffy, soft, scrumptious and very easy to make. It took me a long time to master the art of making rolls but that is all in the past now. These Rolls are usually served as side dish meal, eaten whole or cut diagonally and dressed with filling between the two halves.
Bread Rolls or Dinner rolls as many call it is a meal to begin or finish the day with. Bread is a staple in most homes and we have different types of bread. Bread Roll is a small, mostly round or baton-shaped loaf of bread. Bread and roll making can be difficult initially, but with a little practice and self-assurance, you can become a professional in the bread roll making area.
Bread Rolls Recipe
This recipe comes out better if you make your rolls to be small or medium sized. Big rolls most times do not cook so well on the inside.
- 4 Cups of flour plus about a handful for kneading
- 4 Tablespoon Melted Butter
- 1 Tablespoon of Yeast
- 2 Eggs + 1 more for Egg wash
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Cup of Warm Milk
- 1/4 tablespoon of Sugar + 1 Tsp for proofing the Yeast
Step by Step
- Mix together the Yeast and Sugar in warm milk
- Mix the Butter and Eggs in a new bowl and put aside
- In a bigger Bowl, mix the Flour, salt, and sugar, make a little hole at the middle and add number 1 and 2 mixture. Combine together until soft Dough is formed.
- Move the Dough to an evenly flour sprinkled surface and knead until it’s smooth and stretchy. This will take like 10 minutes by hand and 7 minutes if you are using a mixer.
- Put the Dough in a bowl that is lightly oiled; also smear some oil on the surface of the Dough and leave to increase in a warm place for about 1 hour or pending when it doubles in size.
- Flatten the dough and put on a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into sections and form into any shape you preferred. (I made 8 round and 8 baton balls sizes)
- Put on a lightly greased baking sheet, making sure the rolls are well spread with at least 2 inches apart. Cover the rolls with a moist cloth, and allow to double in size.
- Beat up the remaining egg and mix with a tablespoon of Water and brush the surface of the Bread rolls. Heat up the oven in 425 degrees and bake for 10-12 minutes or it turns golden brown.
- Remove the rolls from the baking dish and put in a clean surface. Enjoy when it is cool enough to handle.