Popcorn on a Stove Top Preparation And Health Benefits. Please watch >>>>
Popcorn reminds me so much of one of my nursery rhymes while growing up. It’s funny because we always sing it whenever we are having popcorn for lunch.
Even now as an adult, I always sing that song, especially while preparing popcorn at home. Homemade popcorn is healthier because you can use milk preferably powdered milk and honey in place of sugar and it’s so easy and fast to prepare.
Popcorn on a Stove Top
Popcorn is a well-liked party first course, all day snack, and most especially an essential companion for movies. You cannot watch movies at the cinemas without a pack of popcorn in your hand.
You do not need to have a microwave or fanciful machine before popping your corn on a stovetop, it is that simple to prepare.
Popcorn means a unique type of corn that pops when brought to heat. It’s not all corn that pops, in Nigeria, we have varieties of corn but popcorn is locally prepared using yellow organic species that are small in size. This type pops very well and is the best popcorn kernel.
Popcorn Health Benefits~ Popcorn on a Stove Top
The popcorn stands out near the top of the list of likely healthy snacks out there so let us bring on the popcorn. Organic corn is a delicious snack that comes with a lot of health benefits.
Whole grains, fiber, and antioxidants are all wrapped up in this simple snack.
- It is a natural whole grain that is high in dietary fiber, rich in complex carbohydrates, and low in fat. It also contains important nutrients which include vitamins and minerals thereby making it a healthy snack.
- It is important to eat this healthy snack because of its high-fiber diet. Fiber helps protect the heart, aids in digestion, and can even prevent diabetes and weight loss.
- It is low in calories because it is filled with air. It’s amazing how a small kernel turns out big after being popped, which means you get a large quantity without a lot of calories.
Stove Top Popcorn
Stovetop Popcorn is Popcorn made on a Stove with a gas hob instead of using a microwave or a machine. You need three items to pop corn over the stove:
A heavy-based saucepan with a lid, oil, and popcorn of course! Now let’s get started…
- 1 cup popcorn (ask for a variety of corn used in making popcorn, it’s usually small and yellowish)
- Honey and Powdered milk to taste
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
STEP BY STEP
- Purchase plain, organic popcorn kernels at a local natural foods store.
- Use healthy oil (organic butter preferably) and pour 3 tablespoons into a heavy-based saucepan.
- Once heated add three kernels to the pan and wait for all three Kernels to pop.
- When they are all popped, remove them from the oil quickly then pour 1/3 cup (milk cup) of popcorn into the pan and cover it.
- As it pops, make sure you shake the pan occasionally to ensure even distribution and allow the steam to escape. It also stops the popcorn from burning.
- Remove from the pan when the popping stops and season as you like. (You can use garlic powder and cayenne pepper but I prefer honey and powdered milk).
- Once the popping sound stops, remove from heat and transfer to a bowl immediately.
- Stir in the powdered milk and toss well, then add the honey and mix well.
- You can spread on a tray and put it in the oven for about 2 minutes, otherwise stop at step 8 and serve.
Fix yourself with a big bowl of popcorn, and stay healthy.
- Do not take the lid off while the pan is on the hob because the corn popping will spread all over the place.
- Be careful of the flavorings in order not to turn natural goodness into junk food.
FAQs about Popcorn on a Stove Top
How do you make Nigerian popcorn?
- Methodically remove stones and other particles from the corn and set them aside.
- After that, melt the margarine in an empty dry pot on low heat.
- Then, add sugar, and stir.
- Now, add the popcorn corn and continue to stir, as soon as it starts popping, cover the pot and leave it to completely pop.
- That’s it! It’s done when you no longer hear the popping sound.
What kind of corn is used for popcorn in Nigeria? Popcorn on a Stove Top
The popcorn (Zea mays Everta), which is grown primarily for human consumption in developed countries, is gaining popularity in Nigeria.
Popcorn production and consumption increase the availability of field corn for livestock and other industrial uses.
What is ghee popcorn?
Ghee is an excellent fat for making stovetop popcorn because it has the rich, nutty flavor of browned butter without the milk solids.
This gives it a higher smoke point than most cooking oils while also making it lactose-free.
What kind of maize is used to make popcorn?
Evert Zea mays
Though some other types of kernels will pop, the cultivated strain for popcorn is Zea mays everta, which is a variety of flint corn.
What is Nigerian seasoning?
Yaji, or suya spice – a fiery, umami-packed blend of ground-dried chiles, ginger, peanuts, and other ingredients – is the signature flavor of Nigerian meat skewers, but it can be used anywhere.
Is it possible to grow popcorn in Nigeria?
In Nigeria, approximately 8 million tonnes of corn are produced annually, with Kaduna state producing most of the crop.
However, because popcorn maize is grown in only a few places, the majority of it is imported into the country.
Is flint corn similar to popcorn?
Popcorn is a flint corn with a soft starchy center surrounded by a very hard exterior shell.
When popcorn is heated, the natural moisture inside the kernel converts to steam, causing the kernel to explode.
The white starchy mass that you enjoy eating forms when the kernel explodes.
Is maize the same as popcorn?
Popcorn is made from whole-grain maize.
In appearance and cultivation, it resembles corn on the cob, though only popcorn kernels can pop.
Popcorn, like the other six types of corn, is a cereal grain derived from wild grass.
What is the difference between popcorn and maize?
As it turns out, the corn we eat is not the same as the kernels that become popcorn. Only one type of maize will survive: Zea mays everta.
Though it appears to be a regular corn kernel, this variety is the only one that can pop and turn into a tasty snack.
Is ghee popcorn healthy?
Ghee popcorn is a nutritious snack that is suitable for people of all ages.
Aside from popcorn ghee, you can use ghee to make sauces, roasts, soups, and pasta.
Ghee provides a good energy boost to the human body while also keeping your digestion and colon health.
Is ghee considered junk food?
Ghee is high in vitamins, antioxidants, and good fats.
While fat should be consumed in moderation, studies show that eating fatty foods like ghee can aid in the absorption of some essential vitamins and minerals.
Healthy food preparation with ghee may help you absorb more nutrients
Is popcorn high in fat? Is popcorn very fattening?
Popcorn is considered a food that can aid in weight loss due to its high fiber content, low-calorie count, and low energy density.
Popcorn, for example, has been shown to make people feel fuller than a comparable calorie amount of potato chips.
Which popcorn is healthiest?
The healthiest popcorn is air-popped.
Without a doubt, the best popcorn to eat is air-popped popcorn.
“It’s low in calories, about 90 calories per cup, and it’s quick and easy to make,” Cohen says.
How do you make fluffy popcorn?
The following is an Internet-approved tip: Soak popcorn kernels in water for 10 minutes before draining and popping as usual.
The extra moisture, according to the theory, aids in the production of fluffier puffs.
Is popcorn healthier than corn?
In a nutshell, YES. Popped corn is simply a vegetable that has been transformed into a sometimes-indulgent snack.
Air-popped popcorn is nutritious on its own, and it’s also high in fiber and antioxidants because it’s a plant-based food.
Popcorn Flavours in Nigeria
Which flavor is best in popcorn? Best Flavored Popcorn Recipes
- Parmesan Ranch.
- Movie Theater.
- Everything Bagel.
- Wasabi and Ginger.
How to make popcorn with Nigeria’s local machine ~ how do you make Nigerian popcorn?
Remove all stones and other particles from the corn and set aside.
Melt the margarine over low heat in an empty dry pot.
Stir in the sugar.
Continue to stir in the popcorn corn, and when it begins to pop, cover the pot and leave it to finish popping.
When you no longer hear the popping sound, it’s done.
How to make natural popcorn in the microwave ~ how do you make natural popcorn in the microwave?
Fill a large microwave-safe glass bowl with a tight-fitting lid halfway with popcorn kernels. (For example, a large Pyrex bowl.)
Cover the bowl and place it in the microwave for 5-6 minutes on high.
Pay close attention and stop the popcorn when you hear two seconds between pops at the end.
In Nigeria, how do I make popcorn with powdered milk? Can I make popcorn with milk?
How to Make Milk and Sugar Popcorn
Have fun popping! So, yes, you can add sugar and milk to popcorn to make it more nutritious and tasty.
We hope you enjoyed our simple method for making milk and sugar popcorn.
Milk popcorn ~ does popcorn taste good with milk?
Yes, popcorn and milk exist; it’s delicious, and you should try it.
According to historical evidence, the first version of what we now call cold breakfast cereal was popcorn and milk sprinkled with sugar.
Best popcorn margarine ~ is butter or margarine better for popcorn?
On popcorn, margarine is no better than butter.
Because margarine contains more water than butter, it tends to make popcorn soggy.
If you must use margarine, choose the kind that comes in sticks, like regular butter, rather than the softer whipped varieties in tubs.
Butter is better and the best!
How to make sweet popcorn with sugar ~ how do I add sugar to my popcorn?
Put the kernels in the pan and cover them with a lid. Lift the lid and add 3 tablespoons of sugar when the first kernel pops.
Replace the lid on the pan. When the popcorn has finished popping, transfer it to a bowl and set it aside