Homemade peanut butter ice cream is an easy and creamy recipe that you’ll want to make over and over.
No-churn peanut butter cup ice cream is a special treat-especially when topped with dark fudge sauce! This healthy ice cream is rich, creamy, and sweet with just a hint of salt.
It’s the perfect dessert on its own but also pairs well with chocolate cakes, brownies and more.
Please Read: How to Make Homemade Ice Cream – Seven Easy Steps
If you love peanut butter and ice cream, this recipe combines those passions. Try this recipe for best peanut butter ice cream.
There are no cooking, no eggs or custards to make, just your favorite easy peanut butter in so delicious ice cream. It’s no-cook, no-churn ice cream and doesn’t freeze rock hard!
No churn ice cream refers to ice cream that is made without an ice cream maker! It’s perfect for those who rarely make ice cream, or prefer to make smaller batches of ice cream!
Table of Contents
Homemade Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipe
What ingredients are in peanut butter ice cream?
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup light cream (half and half)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
Steps to Make It
- First, use a handheld mixer to cream the peanut butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.
- Secondly, add 1 cup of half-and-half and beat at low speed until well mixed. Add the rest of the half-and-half and the cream and whisk by hand.
- Then, fold the remaining whipped cream into the mixture until it is incorporated
- After that, pour into a plastic wrap-lined loaf pan and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Finally, serve with peanut nut ice cream toppings like chopped roasted peanuts or chocolate fudge if desired.
You can eat the ice cream right away nestled inside a cone which makes it easier to eat, or put it into the freezer to harden more.
The peanut butter ice cream should keep well in the freezer for about one week.
Can I Make This Dairy-Free?
I have lots of recipes for you that are dairy-free but peanut and butter ice cream is not one of them.