Sandwich toast bread and tea was my typical weekend morning meal while growing up. I love eating bread as a kid.
Hence, it’s not a revelation that toasts Nigerian bread is a favorite breakfast for millions of adults and kids not just in Nigeria, but across the globe as well.
While growing up, we had a bakery at the next street (New society bread bakery). Life was good then, we always go there to help out and end up with bags of goodies.
I ate so much bread (I mean hot bread) while growing up. No day will pass without tasting bread, once I perceive the aroma I will rush there with my friends.
Looking back now, I think that was when I developed my love for baking and cooking as well. Yes!
The bread was my go-to food. I could eat it with anything for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
With time I got introduced to other bread-related snacks like bread and stew, bread with Akara, bread honey toast, toast bread with beans, bread and egg cheese, bread and butter/jam, the sandwich toast, just name it, am already a fan.
Types of Sandwich Toast
We have different types of Sandwich Toast:
- Club Sandwich
- Chicken sandwich
- Ham sandwich
- Mayo sandwich
- Turkey sandwich
- Cheese sandwich
- Beef sandwich
- Avocado sandwich
- Egg sandwich
- Fish sandwich
- Tuna sandwich and so on…..
My recipe on bread today is a classic and easy to make sandwich toast that offers a balanced nutritious and delicious meal for a prolific day!
How to Make Nigerian Sandwich Toast
All you need in making a Nigerian sandwich toast is a sandwich maker, if there is none, a grill pan or fry pan would do the job
Plus, 4 slices of bread and other ingredients (basically, scrambled egg and vegetable filling).
Under 5 minutes, your complete meal is ready with lip-smacking aroma filling not just the kitchen but your environs.
Ingredients for Nigerian Toasted Sandwich
- 6 slices of whole-grain bread (or any bread of choice)
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon of tiny chopped fresh bell pepper (any color; optional)
- ½ teaspoon of seasoning powder or ½ a seasoning cube (or less according to your taste)
- ½ teaspoon of salt (or less according to your taste)
- ¼ black pepper
- A dash of thyme
- A dash of crushed red pepper (optional; for extra spiciness
- 2 teaspoons – 1 tablespoon of olive oil to scramble/fry the eggs
- Plus, one tablespoon of olive oil (to grease the bread); or butter
First Scramble the Eggs
- Firstly, add some seasoning powder to your cracked eggs. Then, add thyme, a dash of ground red pepper, some black pepper, and salt. Beat the egg and put it aside.
- Secondly, sauté each vegetable (onions, tomatoes, garlic, and bell pepper) for 2 minutes in the hot oil as you add them in.
- Then add the eggs, sprinkle the green onions on the eggs.
- After that, gently scramble the eggs for 3-4 minutes on low – medium heat until fully cooked and firm.
- Finally, scoop scrambled eggs into a clean plate to stop further cooking.
- Firstly, turn the sandwich toaster on; lay bread on a cutting board and then, use a kitchen brush or your hand or oil spray and spread the olive oil on all the sides of the bread.
- After that, add a part of the egg to the center of the bread and cover it with another bread. Place in the sandwich toast maker.
- Thirdly, make sure the toaster is locked and the switch light is on red.
- Immediately the toaster machine changes from red to green, the sandwich is fully cooked.
- Lastly, remove the toast, place on a clean plate and serve by either by itself, or with fresh fruits, tea, or with coffee.