Yam burger is a super healthy Meal and a delight for vegetarians. It is an excellent source of energy with several nutrients, a very good choice to serve to your little one too.
It’s a power-packed meal with mouthwatering flavors.
Yam burger is a good alternative to brown beans burger (Akara) and even potato burger, just tweak the recipe a little bit.
Hope you give this recipe a try and that you enjoy it as much as I did.
Yam Burger Recipe
This recipe is so stress-free and straightforward that it just might become a basic food.
I like to serve this in a burger bun, with a slice of fresh tomatoes, lettuce, fried onion, and ketchup.
Above all, it’s also great with BBQ sauce!
- 2-3 medium-sized sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and shredded (use a cheese grater)
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can white beans, drained
- ¼ cup margarine or butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bouillon cubes
- ½-1 cup whole wheat flour
- Firstly, Sauté shredded yams, onion, and garlic in butter or margarine. Stir in 1 bouillon cube.
- Secondly, cook, stirring occasionally, until bouillon is dissolved and yams are tender (about 5-10 minutes).
- After that, remove from heat and set aside. Then, in a food processor, purée white beans with the remaining bouillon cube. Stir bean puree into the yam mixture.
- Lastly, stir in flour until mixture cakes together. Form mixture into patties and grill or fry until golden brown on each side
That’s it! Your Yam burger is ready. Enjoy