Air fryer chicken breast recipe is a simple method on how to make juicy, super soft, and superbly enjoyable chicken breasts in the air fryer!
This simple air fryer chicken breast recipe is quick, healthy, and can be prepared ahead of time.
What Is An Air Fryer?
Air fryers are comparable to convection ovens. It is a counter-top appliance that cooks pretty much just like a convection oven, but with a bit more “force”.
It makes use of a heating element to heat the air, then a fan circulates that hot air and that cooks the food.
With the heating element being right above the food, some browning is also achieved.
Honestly, it’s nice to have a small appliance that can do all this so you don’t have to own a convection oven, or use any oven!
Air Fryer Chicken Breast
Chicken breasts have an awful reputation for drying out, but an air fryer keeps that from happening thanks to this one secret tip –Brining!
Brining creates the juiciest chicken breast with very little effort.
With the help of Brining and the use of an air fryer, amazingly moist chicken breasts are gotten each and every time.
The short time of cooking chicken breast in an air fryer helps with keeping it nice and tender, while the brine ensures juiciness and loads of flavor.
The quick cook time means they stay nice and tender with the non-breading or the breading (optional) still gets extra crispy, all without a drop of oil.
Benefits of Using Air Fryer to Cook Chicken Breast
Air fryer recipes are becoming more popular these days and for good reason. Particularly with those who enjoy clean eating foods and foods lower in fat.
Other Reasons Include:
- Firstly, it pre-heats faster than the oven and cooks the chicken through in just 6 minutes
- Secondly, delicious crispy texture to the breading is achieved without the need for a ton of oil
- Thirdly, cooking becomes really fast when compared to cooking the same recipe in the oven, or on the stove.
- It’s very convenient cooking because it does not leave a mess. Just clean the frying basket or use the dishwasher.
- It’s quite healthy as you can use less oil to air fry your chicken than deep-frying on the stove.
- The good news is that it’s inexpensive since you don’t need as much oil. It also uses less electricity when compared to cooking on the stove oven.
- Plus, there are so many things that you can cook in the air fryer oven, you can even bake in it!
Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipe
This chicken recipe is a healthier form of crunchy deep-fried chicken as its air fried with very little oil, which makes it a great guilt-free meal.
It’s ideal and crispy from the outside, juicy and tender from the inside!
How to Cook Air Fryer Chicken Breast
The 4 simple methods include;
You can make a brine solution by simply adding ¼ cup salt to 4 cups of warm water.
Add chicken breasts to the salted water and let it sit in there for 20 minutes.
If chicken is frozen, brine for up to 2 hours, or until completely thawed
Remove chicken from brine solution; rinse under water and pat the chicken dry.
How to Season Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Firstly, cut the chicken breast in thin halves. For the chicken to cook quicker, you will need thinner strips of the chicken breast.
- Secondly, sprinkle the chicken breasts lightly with cooking spray.
- Then, in a small bowl combine a little bit of salt, fresh ground pepper, garlic powder, sweet paprika, and dried oregano, or any other dry ingredients or herbs that you have on hand.
- Similarly, you can also just use your favorite bbq seasoning/s.
- After that, rub the chicken breasts with the prepared seasoning mix.
How to Cook Chicken Breasts in The Air Fryer
In this recipe, you don’t have to preheat the air fryer.
We are skipping the traditional flour/egg/breading routine in favor of a simpler and faster way of getting things ready.
- Firstly, place 2 to 3 chicken breasts in the air fryer basket and cook at 375˚F for 10 minutes;
- Secondly, flip the chicken over and cook for an additional 5 to 6 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- After that, check whether the chicken breasts are ready for consumption when internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
Note: Please use an instant read thermometer to check for doneness.
- Lastly, remove chicken breasts from Air Fryer Basket and let rest on a cutting board for 8 to 10 minutes before serving.