Cabbage juice is the natural cure/treatment for ulcers, acid reflux (GERD), gastritis and other stomach problems. It is also good for weight loss and burning body fat.
This healthy juice is rich in dietary fiber, which aids to keep you fuller for longer, thus, preventing cravings and hunger pangs. This further lessens the chances of loading up on extra calories
Cabbage is a vegetable that belongs to the brassica genus of plants. Other vegetables that belong to this group include kale, cauliflower, and broccoli. These are multipurpose vegetables that can be eaten fried, steamed or even fresh.
Fresh cabbage juice has been used for many years for medical and culinary purposes and is recommended to drink on a hungry stomach.
Table of Contents
Cabbage juice drink is packed with sulforaphane, a strong bactericide that destroys h.pylori and prevents the formation of peptic ulcers.
This juice extract contains glutamic acid that behaves as a neurotransmitter of nerve impulses engaged in learning and memory. Vitamin c neutralizes free radicals and prevents ulcers.
Please Read: Cabbage Coleslaw
A cup of cabbage juice is rich in vitamin A, C, E and K, phosphorus, iodine, B vitamins, phytonutrients, enzymes, calcium, iron, potassium, glutamine, and antioxidant compounds.
What Is Cabbage Juice Good For? / The Health Benefits
- Strengthens immunity
- Lowers bad cholesterol and strengthens the heart
- Provides anticyclonic and vitamin k, important for brain function and prevention of neuro degenerative disorders
- Antioxidants prevent oxidative stress and cancer
- Regulates thyroid function and hormone production
- Provides diuretic effect and cleans or detoxifies the body, improving the function of your liver and kidneys
- Potassium lowers blood pressure and reduces the risk of atherosclerosis, heart attack, and stroke
- Antioxidants improve skin complexion and prevent wrinkles, blemishes and age-related signs
- Promotes healthy weight loss
- Helps with constipation
- Brain booster
- Cancer prevention
Cabbage Juice for Ulcer
An ulcer is an open sore on an external or internal surface of the body, caused by a break in the skin or mucous membrane. Fresh cabbage juice with fresh raspberry juice is very therapeutic at pacifying and healing ulcers.
Now, you have enough reason to add cabbage juice to your diet.
Side Effects of Cabbage Juice
While there are a ton of benefits to cabbage juice, there are a few disadvantages and side effects that you should be aware of.
- First, like other vegetables in the same family, cabbage can cause excess gas.
- Second, it aids the digestion process; however, it may also cause diarrhea in some people. If you are on blood thinners, this juice may not be a good idea as it may interfere with your medicine.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: there isn’t enough evidence about the safety of eating cabbage in medicinal quantities during pregnancy. Stick to usual food amounts to be on the safe side.
Where Can I Buy Cabbage Juice?
In Nigeria, you can buy this healing juice from local stores. But why buy when you can prepare one at home. It is very easy to make and store. You do not need any advanced equipment or special skills.
How to Make Cabbage Juice / Recipe.
- A small to medium-sized cabbage
Choose a small to medium-sized cabbage for juice because it tastes better.
- Firstly, wash and cut the cabbage into the appropriate size. For juicers, make sure the cabbage is cut so it will fit within the juicer.
- After that, add the cabbage to a blender or juicer. Add water to the cabbage.
- Thirdly, blend the cabbage and the water. Start at a low setting, and then crank it up for a few seconds.
- Then, pour the blender or juicer’s contents into a sealed jar. Seal the jar and let it ferment for at least three days at room temperature.
- After three days, strain the contents of the jar and place the juice in another jar or serving glass.
- Finally, chill in the fridge and serve.
Firstly, cabbage juice is full of nutritious substances and vitamins. Vitamin U scored exquisite results in medical tests for treating gastric ulcers. It will heal your stomach from gastritis too.
Then, if you have a medical history of stomach illnesses, this amazing juice can help you prevent any serious illnesses. It may not taste the best, but it is surely a healthy drink that works.