Goat meat has a gamey flavor and is a good source of protein. Goats are ruminant mammals belonging to the Bovidae family, and they are closely related to sheep.
It can be cooked in a variety of ways, including stewing, frying, barbecuing, baking, and grilling. It can also be minced and used in curries and soups, as well as made into sausage.
Checkout >>> Top Dessert – A Nigerian Goat Meat Pepper Soup
Milk, meat, butter, cheese, fur, and skin are all produced by goats.
20 Fascinating facts about Goat meat chevon
- Goat meat is widely consumed in Africa, Asia, South and Central America, and parts of Europe.
- It is common in some cuisines, such as North African, Middle Eastern, Indian, Caribbean, and Mexican cuisines.
- Goat meat tastes similar to sheep meat, but it’s sweeter, richer, and gamier.
- Chevon refers to the meat of an older goat, while Kid refers to the meat of a younger goat.
- Goat meat accounts for 6% of all red meat eaten worldwide.
- 63 percent of the world’s population consumes goat meat.
- Goat meat is extremely lean.
- Compared to beef, pork, lamb, and chicken, goat meat has fewer calories.
- As compared to a comparable serving size of beef, pork, lamb, or chicken, goat meat contains more iron
- Goat meat has a higher potassium content than beef, pork, lamb, and chicken.
- Goat meat has a lower sodium content than beef, pork, lamb, and chicken.
- The amino acid composition of goat meat is similar to that of beef and lamb.
- It’s best to cook goat meat at a low temperature, particularly if it’s not moistened.
- Goat meat can easily lose moisture and become tough when cooked at high temperatures. Because of its low-fat content and lack of marbling, or fat inside the muscles, this is the case.
- Cook goat meat with moisture, such as boiling, braising, or stewing, to improve flavor and tenderness.
- Goat offals, such as the heart, lungs, liver, kidney, stomach, spleen, and intestines, are used in a variety of dishes, such as goat offal pepper soup (Ngwo ngwo).
- Goat’s head, especially the eyes, is considered a delicacy in most regions where meat is consumed. In Nigeria, it’s used to make a dish called isiewu.
- Goat meat from a mature female who has suckled children is extremely tough, and it may require the use of a meat tenderizer, such as a commercial meat tenderizer, akaun (potash), bean seeds, a clean iron nail, and a pressure pot, among other things, to soften it.
- Goats under the age of one year are known as babies, and they are usually killed between the ages of three and five months. Their meat is less juicy and flavorful than that of older goats, but it is tenderer.
- The taste and odor of goat meat from older uncastrated males are strongly gamey.
Goat meat chevon Fascinating facts Summary
Finally, goat meat has a high nutritional value and many health benefits, making it an excellent option for health-conscious individuals.
Jamaican goat curry, goat meat pepper soup, Asun-spicy goat meat, Homework-spicy goat trotters in sauce, Isi-ewu-goat head in spicy sauce, Ngwo-ngwo-goat offal pepper soup, and other delectable dishes can all be made with goat meat.
Please leave any comments, concerns, or suggestions in the box below.