Riced Cabbage Recipe for a Keto Cabbage Side Dish
Riced cabbage is a low carb alternative to rice that doesn’t involve cauliflower. It’s perfect for a healthy meatless meal or as a savory side dish
If you don’t like cauliflower or you need a change from the cauliflower, then try cabbage instead.
It might not 100% substitute for cauliflower always but this riced cabbage brings its unique flavor and taste, which is vastly different from cauliflower.
Riced cabbage is a great way to relish rice if you are on a low carb/keto diet.
It’s super easy, less cooking time, less expensive, and more Vitamin K compared to Cauliflower.
The texture of the riced cabbage is awesome and goes well with all Indian curries/gravies.
Cabbage is such a versatile and affordable vegetable, with the right spices and flavors, even your non-keto friends will have a blast consuming this!
Riced Cabbage Recipe
This recipe is for one serving although you can very easily double it to make two.
- ½ cabbage medium
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ tbsp. bouillon powder
- 1 scallion
- ½ tsp. salt to taste
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Firstly, wash the whole cabbage thoroughly and pat dry well with a paper towel.
- Secondly, chop them roughly and transfer to the electric chopper (works best) or food processor.
- Also use the chop function to shred it into smaller pieces until it is in the size of rice (coarse chop, do not make it as a paste).
- Similarly, chop the red bell pepper and scallions into small pieces.
- Then, heat the olive oil in a pan and when it hot, add the bell pepper and scallions and then stir for a minute or two on medium-low heat.
- After that, add the cabbage, salt, black pepper, and bouillon powder on medium heat, and mix everything until it begins to soften.
- Close the pan with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes (stir in between as it gets burnt on the bottom layer quickly).
- Lastly, once the raw flavor of the cabbage completely goes, switch off the flame and serve hot
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 206 Calories from Fat 126|
|% Daily Value*|
|Fat 14g 22%|
|Saturated Fat 2g 13%|
|Sodium 951mg 41%|
|Potassium 511mg 15%|
|Carbohydrates 18g 6%|
|Vitamin A 2145IU43%|
|Vitamin C 160.2mg194%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Craving more delicious side dishes? Try these:
- Cauliflower Fried Rice-Low Carb Recipe
- Baked Catfish in the Oven: A Healthy Low Carb Recipe
- Fried Plantain (Dodo) Recipe: How to Make At Home
One thought on “Riced Cabbage Recipe for a Keto Cabbage Side Dish”
Pingback: Old Fashioned Cabbage Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe - 9jafoods