Air Fryer Turkey Wings: Quick, Easy, and Flavorful
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls Recipe – Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
- The Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipe – No Breading!
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries – Fast & Easy
Table of Contents
Air Fryer Turkey Wings
It’s incredibly simple and convenient to make crispy turkey wings in the air fryer; no brining, stuffing, or deep frying is required.
Regular spices are used in these turkey wings, which are air-fried to perfection.
They’ll astound you with how crispy and tasty they are!
If the thought of cooking a whole turkey has always intimidated you, this is a fantastic alternative. When compared to a traditional Thanksgiving turkey, it takes less than an hour to cook in total.
And if you’ve been debating whether or not to acquire an air fryer, now is the time to do so. It’s also possible to add it to your Christmas wish list or purchase it during a bargain.
Air fryers can also be used to cook frozen chicken wings!
Air Fryer Turkey Wings Recipe
This recipe contains the following ingredients
- Turkey wings can be found near the chicken area of your grocery store. Wings are normally supplied in packs of two or four.
If you buy them from an Asian or Hispanic store’s meat area, they may come sliced into tiny pieces.
- Smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, dried oregano, lemon pepper, and salt are among the spices used.
- Olive oil spray or your preferred cooking spray
What type of air fryer should I use?
You can use any power air fryer on the market, though if your air fryer is small, you may need to cook more batches.
Ninja Air Fryer is my favorite brand. You can also use a Ninja Foodi, nuwave air fryer, instant pot air fryer, or coson air fryer, which I’ve grown to appreciate for how quickly it fries up!
How to Cook a Thanksgiving Turkey in an Air Fryer ~ Air Fryer Turkey Wings
- Firstly, preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. While that’s heating up, wash and dry your fresh turkey wings. Then, using your handy dandy oil spray bottle, spray each turkey wing with olive oil after measuring out all of the spices and mixing them in a small bowl.
- Secondly, rub liberally the spice mixture (lemon pepper – optional) over each turkey wing, being careful to get all of the folds and layers.
- Thirdly, arrange each turkey wing in a single layer in your air fryer and bake for 20 minutes on one side.
- After that, flip each piece and cook for another 15-20 minutes on the other side. Then, flip each piece and cook for another 15-20 minutes on the other side.
- Now, Check the interior temperature of the wings using a meat thermometer to ensure they reach 165 degrees F. Allow cooling on a paper towel inside a large bowl once it’s finished.
- Lastly, serve with a side dish or a barbeque sauce made from scratch!
Texture ~ Air Fryer Turkey Wings
The texture reminds me of fried chicken wings. These have crunchy skin.
Reheating and storing ~ Air Fryer Turkey Wings
Keep any leftover air fryer smoked turkey wings refrigerated in an airtight container. After you’ve cooked them, they’ll last up to 4 days in the fridge.
I prefer to freeze turkey wings in a freezer plastic bag so that they last longer. Before reheating the wings, allow them to defrost for a few hours or overnight.
The turkey wing pieces can be reheated in the basket of your air fryer oven at 350F for 5 minutes.
Then turn the heat up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for another 5 minutes to crisp up the skin.
Turkey wings can be warmed in the oven as well. Wrap them in foil and set them on a rimmed baking sheet with a wire rack. Preheat the oven to 275°F and bake for 20 minutes.
Tips for preparing turkey wings in an air fryer
- When using an air fryer, do not stack your wings. To produce a good crispy exterior, each turkey wing requires ample area to cook evenly. If you have to cook the wings in batches, do so.
- Experiment with different spices like onion powder, garlic salt, black pepper, and rosemary without using them.
- To make the turkey wings ahead of time, rub them with the spices and place them in the fridge overnight. Then, when you’re ready, throw them in the air fryer.
- Make sure to clean the air fryer basket well after each use and to keep it dry at all times.
- For an alternative non-spicy seasoning, try this easy chicken seasoning blend
With what can I serve this recipe?
What to serve with turkey wings is a question that many people have.
These wings can be used in a variety of ways. To begin with, these air-fried turkey wings are delicious on their own.
You may also serve them simply with potatoes and greens in a skillet for a quick and delightful dinner.
They’re also a great complement to a Christmas or Thanksgiving meal, especially if you’re looking for something different than roasting a whole turkey and don’t want to spend the entire day sweating over a hot oven!
How long to cook turkey wings in an air fryer?
- Firstly, preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. It should be washed and dried.
- Secondly, combine all of the spices in a large mixing bowl
- Then, using an olive oil spray, liberally spread the spice combination all over the turkey, including inside the folds.
- After that, bake for 20 minutes on one side, then flip and bake for another 15-20 minutes. This meal makes two servings and has no net carbohydrates per serving.
- When using an air fryer, do not stack your wings. To produce a great crispy exterior, make sure each of the wings has enough room to cook evenly. If you have to cook the wings in batches, do so.
- To make the turkey wings ahead of time, rub them with the spices and place them in the fridge overnight. When you’re ready, toss them in the air fryer the next day.
Air Fried Turkey Wings Calories
Calories: 600kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 62g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 213mg | Sodium: 1911mg | Potassium: 729mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 33IU | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 4mg